Our Camp I CAN! summer program gives kids ages 7-13 with visual impairments opportunities to enjoy new experiences, develop new skills, and make a difference in their communities.
Camp I CAN! Details
- The two-week day program is held in July and features several hands-on activities and fun trips to destinations in and around our service area.
- All kids must have a visual acuity of 20/70 or worse with best correction to be eligible. Appropriate accommodations also are made with respect to other physical challenges.
- Campers also participate in a community service project, from which they learn that their impairments cannot prevent them from making an impact.
- Previous community service projects have benefited Animals In Distress, Valley Youth House, Fellowship Manor in Whitehall, PA, and the Good Shepherd Pediatric Rehabilitation program.
Camp I CAN! Service Projects
- 2020: Purchase of gifts for kids in Good Shepherd Pediatric Rehabilitation Program in Allentown, PA
- 2019: Bingo event for senior citizen residents of Fellowship Manor in Whitehall, PA
- 2018: Distribution of clothes and essentials for residents of Valley Youth House in Bethlehem, PA
- 2017: Creation of promotional materials and fundraising for Animals In Distress in Coopersburg, PA
Contact for Information
Rita Lang, 610.433.6018, Ext. 225