Our Skills Education services are provided in group and one-on-one sessions and empower people with visual impairments to increase their self-sufficiency.
- Clients learn how to use their existing vision most effectively and how to apply specific functional techniques.
- Skills taught include kitchen safety, the preparation and cooking of meals, the completion of checks and forms, personal organization, and adjustments to in-home lighting.
- All sessions are presented by vision rehabilitation therapist (VRT) certified by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP).
Orientation and Mobility (O&M) Skills
- Clients learn how to understand their surroundings and how to navigate between familiar locations.
- All sessions are presented O&M specialist who are ACVREP-certified.
- Clients explore present-day and emerging technologies that improve their quality of life.
- Sessions also help clients gain a deeper understanding of the use of the devices they use.
Elemental Life Skills
- Clients learn critical non-physical skills of daily life.
- Examples of topics include financial planning, fraud protection, voting, meditation, and mindfulness.
Skills Education for Youth
- Our programs for kids with vision impairments are designed to empower them to function independently as adults. We hope to introduce additional programs in the future.
- Our Camp I CAN! summer program is held annually for kids ages 7-13.
Contact for Information
Jennifer Pandolfo, 570.992.7787, Ext. 222