Sights for Hope offers Life Skills Education programs that help young people with visual impairments build the skills to become independent adults and show their families how to empower them.
Mom and Me in Motion and Preschool Playtime
- Our Mom and Me in Motion program is for children with visual impairments ages 2 and under and their families.
- Our Preschool Playtime program is for kids with visual impairments ages 3-7 and their families.
- Children with visual impairments, their siblings, and their families take part in active play, music, and crafts.
- The 90-minute periods are designed with tactile and high-contrast needs in mind.
- All activities incorporate sensory stimulation and preschool readiness.
- Parents work with professionals and interact with other parents to learn how to empower their children.
- All parents, guardians, and family members welcome.
Contact for Information
Jennifer Pandolfo, 610.433.6018, Ext. 223
Camp I CAN! Summer Program
- Our Camp I CAN! summer program gives kids with visual impairments opportunities to enjoy new experiences, develop adaptive skills to help them live independently as adults, and make a difference in their communities.
- The two-week day program is held in July and features several hands-on activities and fun trips to destinations in and around our service area.
- All kids must quality as a Sights for Hope client to be eligible. Appropriate accommodations also are made with respect to other physical challenges. Most participants are from ages 7-13.
- Campers also participate in a community service project, from which they learn that their impairments cannot prevent them from making an impact.
Camp I CAN! Service Projects
- 2022: Donation of personal care items to the people of Ukraine through St. Mary Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Allentown, PA
- 2021: Donation of bedding and personal wellness items to residents of Sixth Street Shelter in Allentown, PA
- 2020: Donation of gifts for kids in Good Shepherd Pediatric Rehabilitation Program in Allentown, PA
- 2019: Bingo event for senior citizen residents of Fellowship Manor in Whitehall, PA
- 2018: Distribution of clothes and essentials for residents of Valley Youth House in Bethlehem, PA
- 2017: Creation of promotional materials and fundraising for Animals In Distress in Coopersburg, PA
Contact for Information
Rita Lang, 610.433.6018, Ext. 225