Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is integral to a community’s quality of life.
Donor Bill of Rights
In accordance with the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), we conduct our advancement practices in compliance with the AFP Donor Bill of Rights.
- All donors have the following rights: To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Any information supplied to us by its donors will be used solely to fulfill their donation and shall not be shared for any reason unless permission is granted by the donor to do so. All requests to remain anonymous shall be honored. The agency shall not sell, share, or trade its donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to its donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by the agency on any platform, including its website and mobile applications, electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third‐party service provider, donor information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Contact for Information
Deirdre Federico Snyder, CFRE, 610.433.6018, Ext. 244