Sights for Hope is dedicated to affecting the greatest possible impact for people in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley and Monroe County who live with visual impairments and blindness. We have set four big impact goals to achieve from 2022 to 2030.
- To provide assistive technologies to 2,500 people with visual impairments and blindness.
- These devices boost their ability to interact with the people and environments around them.
- Sights for Hope has provided assistive devices to 202 people through October 2023.
- Sights for Hope has opened its expanded Low Vision Care Area at its Lehigh Valley Services Center in Allentown, PA, included a larger demonstration area and store.
- The organization also has held free consumer demonstrations of devices, and has solicited funding for future distributions.
Transports for Access
- To provide 25,000 guided transports to people with visual impairments.
- These transports increase access to medical care, food, life skills education, and critical wellness services.
- Sights for Hope has provided 4,240 transports through October 2023.
- To provide life skills education to 2,500 people with visual impairments.
- These educational opportunities enhance their ability to live independently.
- Sights for Hope has provided life skills education to 183 clients through October 2023.
- Sights for Hope has initiated efforts to conduct programs at locations in its communities. It also will work to develop large-scale public events and digital delivery options for future programs.
Solutions for Learning
- To ensure that 2,500 children ages 0-6 receive professional eye exams and glasses or equivalent solutions.
- These solutions advance their readiness to learn.
- A total of 75 children ages 0-6 who were screened by Sights for Hope received eye exams and glasses or surgical solutions through October 2023.
- Sights for Hope has formed its Focused Futures program to facilitate this work. It has received commitments from the Pennsylvania Vision Foundation and the VSP Eyes of Hope program to provide at least 300 free exams and glasses annually from physicians in their respective networks.
- St. Luke’s University Health Network will provide vouchers for free eye exams and glasses to children screened by Sights for Hope during the spring 2023 kindergarten registration at Marvine Elementary School in Bethlehem, PA.
How You Can Help
Make a Donation
Your donation to Sights for Hope helps us pursue all our goals and transform lives.