The Lehigh Valley Sights for Hope Lions Club was was created to empower Sights for Hope’s clients with visual impairments to give back to their communities. Established originally as a branch of the Whitehall Lions Club, it has since become an independent club in Pennsylvania Lions District 14-K.
- Membership is open to all Sights for Hope clients who live in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh and Northampton counties.
- The club selects and implement community service projects at its own direction.
- People in Lehigh and Northampton counties who have hearing impairments and people who do not have a vision nor hearing impairment also may become members.
- Lions International is the world’s largest service organization, with 1.4 million members in 200 countries.
Lions and Sights for Hope
Sights for Hope traces its inception to efforts by Lions clubs from Lehigh and Northampton counties in 1928. Lions Clubs in the Lehigh Valley and Monroe County provide financial support to Sights for Hope annually.
- Gary Dvorshak, President
- Dorothy Montero, First Vice President
- Carol Johnston, Second Vice President
- Richard Siter, Treasurer
- Cheryl Frazier, Secretary
- Kim Weimert, Membership Chair
- Thursday, April 27, 12:30 p.m., Lehigh Valley Services Center
- Food collection for the Allentown Area Ecumenical Food Bank – Ongoing
Completed Service Projects
- Donation of 108 pounds of food to the Allentown Area Ecumenical Food Bank – January 2023
- Food drive at Redner’s Warehouse Market – January 2023
- Assistance at Sights for Hope’s Songs4Sight concert event – June 2022
- Assistance at Whitehall Lions Club’s White Cane Day at Redner’s Warehouse Market – May 2022
Contact for Information
Dennis Zehner, 610.433.6018, Ext. 241