Sights for Hope is excited to offer an unpaid opportunity for local high school or college students to gain experience in social media and nonprofit work in the Lehigh Valley.
Do you want to make a positive difference in your community? Are you a good writer and enjoy telling stories? Do you enjoy engaging with others on social media and creating a sense of community?
If so, we’re looking for you to help our Advancement Office find fresh new ways to connect with community members and potential clients to help increase our brand recognition. In this role, you will get hands-on experience learning how to develop social media content for a nonprofit and track social media metrics.
What This Experience Provides
- An opportunity to learn how social media marketing is used by nonprofits.
- The ability to use existing skills and receive new education to produce real content for a nonprofit and build your professional portfolio.
- Access to templates and resources to be used in managing social media for a nonprofit.
What We Expect from You
- That you have a desire to support others in the community.
- A positive attitude and proactive work ethic.
- An earnest interest in learning about vision loss and vision health in our community.
- Understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Hootsuite.
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to ask questions.
- A commitment to producing accurate and error-free copy and content.
- 5-7 hours of time per week.
This is an unpaid position that is a great opportunity for students to practice their skills utilizing social and digital medias for strategic purposes. The individual selected for this role will have the opportunity to gain education on how nonprofits utilize social media and access to resources that support that work. Interested applicants should send the following to Christe Konopitski, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter (one page)
- 2-3 examples of social media experience (This can be sample social posts, blog content, etc.)
Sights for Hope is an equal employment opportunity employer under terms of federal, state, and local laws.